Monday 5 March 2012

Reclining hillside - 1st March 2012



This was a little dry point printmaking experiment of one of my favourite life drawing figures - a woman reclining, that turned into a collage as I played about with the hill shapes of her curves. I love the mix of the landscape and figure.

My other collage also got a bit colourful, but I like the playfulness of this style. Have a look at my old collages from a couple of years ago and see what I have been remembering a lot lately. Dec_2009 Collage from Italy

They have an intensity that I lack at some point during the English winters, when the colours are so grey and subdued, it's a real incentive to turn to an alternative medium to explore favourite images and shapes with brighter colour. I've used a combination of collage and printmaking as a basis to work on images from my sketchbooks.


Also, on another note, a big thanks to those that turned up to my Private view on Friday evening (i.e. my very supportive family!)


No comments:

Post a Comment